OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Profiling ARM7TDMIcore with functionprofile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Speed questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThomasB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Profiling ARM7TDMIcore with functionprofile Reply with quote

hi all,

I have a question about the VAP profiling tools and the ARM7TDMI core:

My Platform uses the uCLinux example with the ARM7TDMI core. As extension I programmed a PIT Timer which is used to control the application I am running on this platform.

With the VAP Tools I use icmCallCommand to call functionprofile and get this error when running:

Code:
Info 2985676273: 'ARM7TDMIcore', 0x0000000000052a5c: 60fc     str     r4,[r7,#12]
Info 2985676274: 'ARM7TDMIcore', 0x0000000000052a5e: e8dd     blx (H=01) #442
Warning (ARM_MORPH_NSV) CPU 'ARM7TDMIcore' 0x00052a5e e8dd     blx (H=01) #442: not supported on this variant
Error (ARM_MORPH_UDI) CPU 'ARM7TDMIcore' 0x00052a5e e8dd     blx (H=01) #442: undefined instruction - enable simulated exceptions to continue simulation if this behavior is desired

with ICM_ATTR_SIMEX the application hangs up. But without calling any VAP Command or when calling functiontrace this error is not present and the application runs completely normal. The Log file then looks like this:
Code:
Info 2985676273: 'ARM7TDMIcore', 0x0000000000052a5c: e8dd60fc ldm     sp,{r2,r3,r4,r5,r6,r7,sp,lr}^

In both cases the application runs exactly the same until this point. Another point is that this command is executed before the point of failure while running functionprofile without any problem. (Then looks like the second case.)

Are there variants of the ARM7TDMIcore which support this function, or how can I implement this functionality into the existing core?

Or could this be a bug, as without profiling it runs completly normal?

Thank you all for your answers.

Thomas[/i]
JimStraus
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thomas,

I am able to run functionprofile on the unchanged uclinux demo, so we are going to have to get your changes to figure out what the problem is.

Would it be possible for you to send us what you are running? We would need any new/changed source and make files, and the linux and boot.rom files if you have modified them.

Easiest to just email a tar ball to support <at> imperas.com.

Thanks

Jim Straus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Speed questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: