OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
Performance profiling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Speed questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViktorDo

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 12:57 am    Post subject: Performance profiling Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am using OVP to simulate an ARM platform and are doing some optimization work on a piece of software.

So I'm wondering, is there any good way to measure the performance of my program? I wanted to run arm-elf-gproof to analyze the interesting parts of my program but that is not possible to run with OVP right?

Any ideas? Or is the only solution to look at simulated instructions and simulation time statistics?

Best Regards
Viktor
LarryL

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Victor,

I believe you are correct, that you cannot run arm-elf-gprof with OVP. However, I believe someone at your institution has a license for the Imperas professional tools, the Multicore/Multiprocessor Software Development Kit (M*SDK), which does have this capability. I will contact you directly regarding this.

Larry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Speed questions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: