OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
How can i adapt Interrupt Control Manager to simulation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Ask a Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AltanKoray

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:20 am    Post subject: How can i adapt Interrupt Control Manager to simulation? Reply with quote

Hello,
I am pretty new to OVP Simulator and at this point i can run simulate basic applications like fibonacci. I am using Renesas / V850 and i would like know if there is a basic level tutorial or documentation about that.
My knowledge about ICM is unfortunately low.

Thanks
AdminiStrator
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

If you are just looking to run simple programs, then the easiest way is to use the iss program which is provided as a standard utility within OVP.

There is a simple Demo shown here that runs fibonacci on V850

/Imperas/Demo/Processors/RENESAS/V850/V850/single_core
in here there is a script called
Run_Fibonacci.sh

Simply run this script, I think you can probably work out what the other scripts do yourself, it is pretty simple.

Thx
Lee
AltanKoray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lee and thank you for your answer.

Now i realize that i asked my question wrong (sorry).
What i really want to do is adapt a interrrupt controller on my infinite fibonacci loop and i have been told that i can use RenesasUPD70F3441 "intc". Ofcourse i installed that from OVP site and i can run the demo with no problem (that example is with fibonacci and dhrystone).

After this point i wanted to try adapt that "platform" to my own infinite fibonacci example and i get this error:
Code:

Error (OR_SAI) Trying to load section 'Program Header' from file 'application.V850.elf' 'RenesasUPD70F3441/CPU' to unmapped region from 100000 to 1003ff
Error (OP_FIP) Failed to build platform 'RenesasUPD70F3441'

I do not know what is the problem here. Any idea would be helpful.
Thanks
LeeMoore
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

The message from the simulator is telling you that the elf file is requesting memory to be loaded at address 0x10000-0x1003ff, but no memory exists at that location in the platform.

So the question is : -
how did you build the application application.V850.elf ?

You must have a specific linker file to match the hardware configuration within a platform.

So if you wish to build an application for the UPD70F3441 platform, the memory layout must match the platform.
In the Demo directory

Imperas/Demo/Platforms/OVPsim_RenesasUPD70F3441

You will find the environment to correctly compile an application to match the hardware
Please refer to the Makefile, this will show you the compile and link stages required for the specific platform

Thx
Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Ask a Question All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: