OVP Forums - A community of assistance, help, questions, and answers.
  FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in
How to integrate SystemC model in OVP environment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Getting started
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PriyamvadAcharya

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject: Error in running checkinstall.exe Reply with quote

Hello DuncGraph,
I have setup OVPsim environment in another PC.
When I run a script named "example.sh" in directory /c/Imperas/Examples/Helloworld/usingISS it fails with an error.
Error is:- checkinstall.exe: command not found

What might be the possible solution?
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do not have your environment setup. When setup correctly IMPERAS_HOME/bin/IMPERAS_ARCH is added to the PATH, which is the location of this executable.
AlanSuNCKU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject: Connect sc_out<bool> to CPU interrupt port Reply with quote

Hi DuncGrah,

I have a SystemC module, with a master port, a slave port and an interrupt output port. While master and slave ports are TLM 2.0 simple initiator/target ports, the interrupt port is typed sc_out<bool>.

When ignoring the interrupt port I can plug this module into an Andes N25 platform and run correctly, driven by a test software program.

However I have difficulty connect the interrupt port to the N25 interrupt port, MExternalInterrupt.

you said:

"this is trivial SystemC peripheral. OVP is instruction accurate and as such uses the TLM2.0 interface. For your peripheral to work in this environment you will need to create a SystemC TLM2.0 interface for your SystemC peripheral."

It seems you suggest to replace the sc_out<bool> with a TLM 2.0 port to connect to the CPU interrupt port. I try using

tlm_uitls::simple_initiator_socket<DMA> intr;

and the compilation fails in platform.cpp at the connection:

riscv cpu1;
DMA dma;
dma1.intr(cpu1.MExternalInterrupt);

I also tried first make the module derived from icmPeripheral then use icmOutputNetPort. Both the module and platform compiled but failed at linking.

Any suggestions? A code snippet would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Alan
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Sorry if I confused you.
The interrupts are different to the ports.
The interrupts in the OVP interface are implemented as type tlm_analysis_port so you will need to create an interface between the sc_out and this port type.
Sorry, this is not my area of expertise but i can have a chat to someone else if more information is needed.
AlanSuNCKU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuncGrah wrote:
Hi, Sorry if I confused you.
The interrupts are different to the ports.
The interrupts in the OVP interface are implemented as type tlm_analysis_port so you will need to create an interface between the sc_out and this port type.
Sorry, this is not my area of expertise but i can have a chat to someone else if more information is needed.

Thanks a lot! Do need some help here and wait for the response.
DuncGrah
OVP Technologist
OVP Technologist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry nobody has had a chance to help me, too busy on other projects. Perhaps you know someone with more SystemC TLM knowledge that could help you interface the interrupt types?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Open Virtual Platforms Forum Index -> Getting started All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: